Whether it’s a last minute meeting or a delays in tending to the little people every Mompreneur who works out of her home has experienced that panicked feeling that happens when you realize you need to leave the house for an important meeting in less than 30-minutes and you are still in your PJ’s. I have been in this situation more times than I care to admit, so I turned to Ivy LaArtista, make up artist and The Body Relationship Coach™ and Founder Of See Body. Love Self.™ read on to see her advice on how to go from PJ’s to meeting ready in 30-minutes or less.
Key things Every Mompreneur Needs in Her Make-Up Bag
As a Mompreneur, your bags are probably already FULL of items that you need to have with you on the go. I travel a lot too, and I understand that the real estate space in our bags are valuable. Your makeup bag doesn’t have to be running over with lots of expensive, bulky makeup products to have a fresh, fabulous face. Here are some basic items that I keep in my makeup bag and I recommend to you:
- Foundation Primer– this is a must have, because it makes all the difference between your makeup lasting only a few hours, or staying on all day.
- Foundation– I prefer Revlon Colorstay because it goes on easy, has great coverage, and last LONG!
- Beauty Blender– this is a magic makeup sponge for sure! It’s compact, easy to use, and it gives a clean finish to your foundation. (This is also a great tool for touch-ups throughout the day)
- Eye Shadow Primer– this will help you to avoid the creasing and fading of your eye shadow
- Natural Tone Shadow Quad– a small quad of eye-shadow that complements your natural skin tone is a great investment, because no matter what the occasion, you can’t go wrong with a fresh, natural face.
- Mascara– even without knowing how to properly apply eye liner, any woman’s eyes will POP with an even coat of mascara.
- Blush– don’t be afraid of it! A light application of blush will give you a soft, warm glow that will keep you looking fabulous for any occasion.
- Lip Color– whether you prefer a sheer gloss, or a matte lipstick the lip color is a must to complete your look.
From Mom to Magnificent in 5-Minutes or Less
- Cleanse, Tone, and Moisturize– a beautiful, even makeup application starts with clean, healthy skin. So, no matter what, be sure to start with these steps!
- Apply foundation primer– a light application of the product over your whole face will ensure that your foundation stays ON all day
- Apply foundation– be sure to choose a color that is right for you, it makes all the difference!
- Apply shadow primer– a light application on your lid from lash line to brow line will help your shadow go on smooth and not fade or crease throughout your day. You’ll get better stronger color from your shadow too.
- Apply eye shadow– you can choose to skip this step if you are in a rush, or just want a natural face. I do it all the time.
- Apply mascara– less is more in this case. Sometimes heavy mascara can flake, smudge, or run throughout the day, so one coat is plenty for an every day look.
- Apply blush- this is another “less is more” application. A light brush over your cheekbones will give you the glow you are looking for. If you need to find your cheekbones: smile! They will show up that way!
- Apply lip color– you can’t go wrong with a sheer color for an everyday look and it’s super fast and easy to apply.
- Bonus Tip: If you would like to get extra mileage out of your makeup (especially on those hectic, busy days) I recommend that you apply a makeup setting spray at the end. It will keep your makeup from smudging, fading, or rubbing off on your clothing. It only takes 5 seconds to apply.
If you need assistance in learning application techniques for these steps, or choosing the product that is right for you, please feel free to contact me.
Advice for Moms to Look their Best & Feel Confident
No matter how much we prep our makeup and fuss over our hair or outfit, the truth is that confidence is an inside job. Confidence begins from within and resonates outward. As women, is it good to remember that makeup is an accessory, not a necessity, It’s a tool that we use to express ourselves and highlight the natural beauty that we were born with. Sometimes we tend to feel uncomfortable in our skin or lack confidence because we don’t take the time to develop a healthy, loving relationship with our body and self. As a holistic health and body image coach I help women learn to prioritize their body relationship and then learn ways to celebrate how they feel about themselves, through self expression. I recommend that every woman prioritize her health, body image, and self care. Even as busy, enterprising women, it is imperative that we set aside time and energy for self love. We are should be our most important clients on our list, daily!
Latest posts by Ivy LaArtista (see all)
- Challenge: PJ’s to Meeting Ready in 30-Minutes or Less - May 31, 2014