I have often be overheard stating that I want to conquer the world by growing one small business at a time, and that is exactly what motivates me to blog. Not every business owner is ready, willing, and able to work with a small business consultant like myself but every entrepreneur faces challenges in their business. Blogging gives me a way to help address those challenges, at least those related to marketing, sales, strategy, or being a mompreneur.
When I launched my blog I did so with two goals in mind and those two goals remain unchanged. These goals are to:
- Introduce Myself to the World (or at least my ideal clients): What I do is not unique there are thousands of coaches and consultants that specialize in growing small businesses. However, the way that I consult and coach my clients is very different from others in my field. Choosing a consultant should not be taken lightly, your business is your passion, something that you birthed and continue to pour your all into. Trusting its growth and development to someone else should be done carefully. Through my blog I am able to help prospective clients to get to know me, to get to know my style, my quirky ways, and my background. This is especially important since I work with the majority of my clients virtually.
- Distill Information Into Wisdom: There is an abundance of information on the web; through a simple search you have access to a wide variety of data and opinions. Although having the information is important, and in some scenarios is enough when it comes to starting and growing a small business you need more than information. You need wisdom. Wisdom by definition is “the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment; the quality of being wise.” Through my blog I provide wisdom woven into the information. I aim to not only tell you what to do but to help you to understand why and in what context and because the content is readily available on my website (and free) it allows me to share my wisdom and information with all you seek it and not just those who I work directly with.
Do you blog? Why or why not? Leave me a comment below.
Latest posts by Brandi Starr (see all)
- I AM Yoga Pants: An Exercise in Authenticity - February 27, 2015
- How Much Should I Charge? 3 Steps For Setting the Price of Your Service - February 19, 2015
- Focus Forward: How to leverage holiday revenue for 2015 growth. - December 16, 2014